Thursday, January 24, 2008

Verse from the past

Rummaging through an old purse, I came across a forgotten piece of paper with a poem I had written two years back in a languid mood.

After-bath

Aroma,
Heady,
Sweet smell of lemon grass;

Fresh,
Fragrant,
Water dripping off my hair;

Mild,
Cottony,
dusky light filters through lace;

Gentle,
Small,
Anklets chime as I tap my feet;

Rhythmic,
Indigo,
I stretch over printed sheets;

I breathe the moment of stillness,
My senses savor faraway whispers,
I sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its amazing what a few words in english can take you through.. I have superhuman powers of imagining everything that I read, everything that someone tells in crystal clear detail...

Going through ur poem took me through a vision of a girl in a whirlpool ad, with perfect bath tubs, perfect homes with perfectly clean sheets, perfect everythings... But all in all a nice poem thats spa-ishly girly. Infact you should name your poem "An Ode to a girl in a Spa"

Rain said...

U have a third eye, chill!!!
I was in a spa like environment when i wrote that!! :)