Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wonder Child

I cannot believe that two years have flown past so quickly. And it will be just a matter of time before A will be all raring to go to college and I will be sitting wondering how life just zoomed by me. So easily I forget to catch hold of each day and savour my son's wonderful accomplishments- his learning a new rhyme, his first understanding of numbers, trying to scale the bookshelf (Ok, thats scary...and its fine if I freak out!!!) as I am caught up in our little skirmishes about food, giving him his bath on time and other such trivialities and I fail to thoroughly appreciate our soccer matches, how smartly he imitates me, his apptitude for technology, his stubborn streak. When I do open my eyes I'm amazed at how much of me there is in him. The little things that annoy me so much like his singlemindedness, passion to explore and wanting to be constantly challenged(read that as gets bored easily) are qualities he probably inherited from his momma who most definitely gave her momma a very tough time. A, you're so very precious and perhaps you won't realize this until you have kids of your own but your daddy and I are so dependant on you that you'd be surprised. Though you need us to keep you safe and fed, we so desperately need you to keep us sane, together and in love. You're our mission, our cause and our soul.

5 comments:

Padmavathi said...

beautiful!

Ripple said...

Mom is smiling with a twinkle in her eye!

Ripple said...

Its simply well said... :)

Rain said...

Thank you, all

Unknown said...

Hey Rain..
Read this just today.. it's very nice.. very well written.. touches you deep inside. Hope A gets to read it when he can understand it!! :)