Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Leaf and I

She sits upon her twig
high up on a willow
and smiled as I
whizzed by in hurry.
'Where to?', she whispers to me
and I bellow out an answer
of castles and seas larger than I.
She wants to know more
whether the castle has a song
or if the sea could laugh
but I'm not sure so
I tell her I'm late. Then
a while later I change my mind
and rush the other way
seeking a desert and a spring.
She wonders why I left
the sea and the castle on the cliff
and she asks why I din't stay
to learn their story.
She asks me questions I
don't want to answer, questions
which i don't want to hear.
So I pretend to be rushed and
blow past her as she
clings to her twig
high up on a willow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If great big trees are compared to Granpas how would a leaf become a she? Lol.. Just kidding.

Very Nice... Beautiful in fact

Rain said...

havnt u heard of granma willow (watch Pocohantas)....;)