Friday, April 6, 2007

The Different Life

As kids, we grow with up opinions of grown-ups and the things they do. Oh, I'm so not gonna do that when I'm older!! Or I'm never going to join that band-wagon as an adult!!I'm gonna be so much cooler than that!

Our perspective of many things from down there seems so different now we're up here and see eye to eye on all those issues. Or perhaps it is expectation and grooming that condition us to walk along the road our parents and those before have taken. Or our very definition of whats cool or rather whats important changes.

Right now, I surprise myself as I undertake so many "uncool" tasks with gusto and I'm even more startled to find myself enjoying most of them. A lot of things my parents did make sense and some of them inspire awe.

Everyone thinks he or she is different and yet all of us fall into a pattern. Even the ones who refuse to fit in will follow other "refuse-to-fit-in"s. No two snowflakes are the same yet not one of the millions of snowflakes stands out. Their differences become uniform, stereotyped.

Hmmm...I sound so melancholic. But its true. Try zooming out of your life....the issues that loom over us are reduced to dots and we ourselves are a tiny part of much bigger mechanism.

No comments: